Monday, April 13, 2009

A Real Savvy Bride

We are launching a new element to the A Savvy Event Blog!
A Real Savvy Bride! We have asked our Bride Victoria to blog for us about planning her wedding and she has graciously accepted! Every week on Monday she will post about the joys, the ups and the downs of planning her 2009 wedding! So please tune in....

Blogging World Please Meet Victoria....

Greetings A Savvy Event blog readers! I'm a planning crazy bride to be, getting hitched this coming May in Sonoma wine country! Eek!! I am honored and beyond excited that I get a chance to share my planning experience here with you all. There is lots to be done! 

Let me introduce myself, I'm 28 years old and was raised in the SF bay area, currently living in our first home in San Jose with my hubs to be Brent and my pug dog Oliver. I was never one to fantasize about weddings before I became engaged and all of a sudden lots of friends were planning their weddings too and I became very familiar with all things wedding! By the time my wedding day arrives I will have been engaged for two years and two months! 
Here is a little background on the story of how hubs to be and I got to where we are now. While attending college Brent and I had mutual friends and new of each other but never really talked. I was a photography major and he was getting his minor in photography. Our paths only crossed once in the photo lab where I made eye contact with him as he was checking out some supplies and I remember thinking, he has nice eyes with long eyelashes. Then I got up and checked him out up and down as he walked away. Yes I did not care if anyone was watching and he didn't notice either.  Anyway a couple years after we graduated a mutual friend took me to one of Brents get togethers at his house and we started dating shortly after. A year and a half later Brent and I went on our first European vacation together. On the second day of our trip to Paris at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, Brent took a ring box out of his jacket and proposed. I was completely surprised and of course I said yes! It was a super cloudy windy day and right after he proposed the sun came out and the day was perfect. We decided on a two year engagement since we were going to be buying a home together and needed to save up for the wedding. 


There ya go! Who I am and how I got engaged. Please feel free to comment and say hello!! Next up, why wine country and how I met my day of wedding planner

No comments: