Thursday, May 28, 2009

Favorite Vendors Day 3-Kate Webber Photography

Greetings Readers!
I hope you are enjoying our week of Favorite Vendors just as much as we have enjoyed sharing them with you! Today we have two fabulous photographers we are highlighting and we love working with both of them so much! They are both so talented and both so much fun! They make the events we work on together a blast and they capture the images as the story is unfolding right before our eyes! I always tell our clients that if you are going to spend all this money on one day it is equally important to allocate money in your budget for a good photographer to capture the day for you to remember for many years!! So without further Adieu Lets welcome Kate Webber....


How wonderful to be included in A Savvy Event’s week of Guest Blogs!

In trying to think of what I’d hope for you to know, I suppose the biggest question I always have of a photographer is why they do what it is they do! So, it seems only appropriate to answer that myself. I think it is an important element to consider when looking for someone to document such an important day, such as a wedding!

I shoot weddings because it is very fulfilling for me as a keen observer of life and, in turn, it is incredibly meaningful to others.

Just this morning, I received an email from the mother of one of my brides which beautifully illustrates this point: “…I want you to know that I can't imagine a better or more artful capturing of the joy, pageantry, emotions and just plain fun of that day that was so important to our family history. We were in such good hands through your incredible eye.”

I love the images I captured and created! I love that they loved them…and will for years to come!

Weddings are an open opportunity to do what makes me happy—to create or capture a moment, and for it to be always new and changing with each unique story. In one day, or sometimes over several days, I am able to touch on all the things I am passionate about in my work— fleeting moments, engaging portraits, carefully planned details (oh, how I love the little details) and gorgeous surroundings, to name just a few. They are all there, in one, very personal event! Crafted together, they tell a story about a special moment in time.





I feel so fortunate that I am able to work with clients that let me “do what I do” – connecting with my imagery as well as my personality to let the day unfold naturally. When I go into a wedding, I aim to tell the story as fully, beautifully and kindly as possible. It is a real blend of my fine art and editorial backgrounds playing off one another. This true love of art and design paired with a desire to visually express a story is what drives me.

Commissioned both nationally and abroad, I work with clients from near and far to capture their special days. It is always an honor and always a new adventure!

Thank you so much Kate for stopping by A Savvy Event to share all of this with our readers! Please make sure you check out her website






1 comment:

Beth said...

what an amazing photo -- the rings on the seashell -- outstanding!